Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Check is in the Mail

And other clichés such as "New Website Coming Soon".


Acrylic and mica powders on canvas, Scott Waterman, Hong Kong, 2001


Have you heard that one? I'll tell you my bête noire, probably my number one bête noire in the blogsphere is: "I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've posted!" I'll never write that. It's so useless and so effete I can't stand it. Please don't do that! Thank you. But I have to tell you something that I know you don't know and that is that this blog has essentially been a stand in for: New Website:Coming Soon! for all of it's existence. It's partly due to me not being sure what I wanted for a new website and partly due to Blogger giving me the ability play around with words and pictures quite easily without the aid of web development skills. So I've been going back to old projects and talking about new projects, even foretelling some projects to come on Corbu's Cave.


Acrylic and mica powders on canvas, Scott Waterman, Hong Kong, 2001 

Acrylic and mica powders on canvas, Scott Waterman, Hong Kong, 2001 

Acrylic and mica powders on canvas, Scott Waterman, Hong Kong, 2001

Cha cha changes are in the works. A new website is coming and I'm giving you a little taste of it here. I've gone back to Hong Kong (yet again, 12, 3) and you, dear reader are getting the chance to see some never before seen shots of my octagon dining room project. These composite images will be used in a slide show and give the world yet another chance to say: yes, YES, we want you. We want that, something like that. Do it for us!

Hello, is anybody out there?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes....we're here (at least, I am) and you're 2 steps ahead of me (a blog AND a website;). Love the dining room! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla! I so appreciate you taking the time to write. I'd probably thought of having a blog ever since they began and spent at least a year seriously considering it before finally just jumping in.


    Thank you Cristeen. My stat counter says you are in Flémalle-haute, Liege. That looks charming.

    And thank you Mani. I'm always slightly amazed that people on the other side of the planet are as close to me as anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT POST:) I really like your blog and I want to follow, do you have twitter or facebook??

    If you want some Swedish décor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great weekend.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria! Thanks so much. I love people who comment....and follow!

    I don't do much with FB and nothing with twitter. Flicke, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails