Sunday, August 2, 2015

Through a Glass Darkly



Splatting, splashing, and swirling followed by tightly controlled strokes and hard edge outlines describes much of my painting technique. The gold panels I painted for Amelia Handegan’s foyer are all about that. The paint mixtures are mostly my own creation consisting of various gold hued mica powders and flakes suspended in acrylic polymer emulsions. The panels are dense and rich, so dense and rich it’s difficult to capture with a camera but here I present results from my recent photo-shoot. Someday, someone better at this than I will make better photographs. Until then this record is for you. 










2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Scott! I'm so glad these images can be viewed enlarged. The panels appear to be a perfect complement to Amelia Handegan’s space (and vice versa).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Mark. Enlarging helps still a lot of detail get left out. A professional photographer was due to arrive after I left. I looked forward to seeing what he was able to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails