Saturday, June 5, 2010

Heads Up

.
.
.
.




This is a little preview for a coming blog post. I'm finishing up a couple of paintings, each about five and half feet square. They're a commission for a place in Charleston. It's been fun and unusual for me as the compostions include a number of figures. The originals were described to me as wall paper panels. 18th c.? 19th c.? I'm not sure.They have a folk art quality and I imagine were different hands at work on each panels given the varied manner in which the figures are depicted.


I have attempted preserve the idiosyncratic quality as much as possible.



Back later with more words and pictures from the Cave of Corbu.



And I thank you.

4 comments:

  1. You tease, show us more!!!!! Is there anything you can't paint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting looking renderings....
    worth the wait to see the completed project.
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five and a half feet - YES! Can't wait to see the full monty. Oh. That doesn't sound right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another of my projects that has gone into delay mode. I finished my part but the installation is a ways off. They promise to send finished shots and or the full monty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails